Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sookie and the incredible case of gas.

Sookie has just been lovely lately. That's an outright lie; however she has been pretty good. Except for her bouts of uncontrollable gas. Recently we invested in a new King sized bed as Sookie needed more room. Yes folks this dog rules the roost. She needed more room in bed so she got a brand new ultra plush king sized bed. Don't we all wish we were that spoiled. Sookie being the incredibly amazing dog that she is takes over right away. She gets into her new bed gets comfortable and gets under the covers and then just starts farting. Non stop one right after the other. I swear I was living in a dump with the amount of methane that was coming out of that dogs butt. It just wasn't natural. Now if you have read my earlier posts you know my dog is on a bland bland diet. She eats rice and lean meats some occasional eggs and cheese. I can only imagine that what little amount of eggs go into her body come out in uncontrollable farts. The funny thing about this situation (no folks not the smell there is nothing funny about that) is that fact that she is completely self aware of her flatulence. After the night of a thousand farts I tried desperately to space out any eggs she ate far far away from bed time, and it's somehow managed to at least stop a full night of methylated inhalation however it hasn't stopped her farts completely. About a week ago she jumps up on to the couch in her normal position which is but in my face and her face looking out the window. She is watching the neighbors intently when she decides to let one go right in my face (this is where the self awareness comes in). So immediately perks up her ears looks back at my face with this 'oops did I do that look' looks guiltily down at the ground and hops of the couch and runs away. OK so maybe that incident alone does make her aware of the havoc her smell little butt causes but then later that night sitting in bed she again blows a fart looks up at me again with an 'oops' face and then gets up to vacate her stink. The dog has to know she is punishing me with her smell. So I have cut back on eggs and am praying for some doggie gas-x to come on the market but until then I just grin and laugh at my smelly dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment