Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sookie speaks another language...

Before you even say well duh. Not well duh. My cat comes up to me and says "Meow Meow" and I know immediately he is hungry. He comes and says "Meow Meow Meow" he means please pick me up and carry my old ass. Sookie has one bark that she uses for everything. Sometimes she will throw in a random hop into the mix. Basically the cat's language and Sookie's is the difference between someone speaking English and Spanish...and well as much as I have tried I just don't speak Spanish. So if Sookie Barks I try to take her out or feed her. Half the time I end up correct. The other half of the time she looks at me like Mommy why don't you understand what I am trying to tell you. It breaks my heart. I want to be able to speak her language and know what it is she wants went she is incessantly barking in my face. Not just because of the headache I am getting. I really do want to form that immediate communication that I have with the cat. Sookie however is complicated. This unknown request has become more insistent over the last week as her area to run and play has been demolished by 2 plus feet of snow. She hates the snow as you all may have previously read. Now however its more difficult because there is only one small area of the yard where the snow isn't literally over her head. This has made everything more difficult... Well not everything lets just say that she has no desire to swim through the snow to attack her Arch-Nemesis at the fence behind us. Now if I could only figure out a deterrent the rest of the year.

So basically I am left with a dog who is trying to talk to me in Spanish and I trying to communicate in English and we are both just left shaking are heads saying "What the hell just happened?"

No comments:

Post a Comment