Sunday, October 24, 2010

Let me Introduce Sookie

Those of you who know me well have at one time or another heard and amusing anecdote about Sookie the Dog. Those of you who are gluttons for punishment or boredom actually seek out Sookie stories. To oblige my caring friends who for some reason find Sookie fascinating this blog is for you.

Sookie is 2 years old (her birthday was October 13th for those of you who didn't send cards and gifts!). She is a purebred Red Doberman. Sookie was a gift from a breeder who happened to be a member of my extended family; after reading stories about Sookie you may think the breeder is psychic and that's why she found her way to me free of charge. My belief is that she was just being generous and Sookie is a special creature. Either way you look at it the dogs extraordinary nature brings a smile or the desire to commit inhumane acts to those who meet her. I will let you be the judge of which. My sister will personally tell you that Sookie is a Soulless Ginger when she is being nice and Satan when she is not.

Sookie was named after Sookie Stackhouse for those of you who are fans. Like her namesake this Sookie is prone to dramatic flair and neurosis to a high degree. Sookie has been banned from my parents home for any extended period of time, she has been denied a place at the local Camp for dogs and often tries the patient of her very caring vet.

Sookie has a diagnosed anxiety disorder, and digestive issues. I also believe she may suffer from some unnamed disease in which a dog believes they are a person. To combat the person issue I have taken her to a local dog park to try to engage her in activities with other dogs. This has not worked. I will save the stories from the dog park and many others for a different day.

Today is to introduce you this funny creature who brightens my day most of the time and tries my patience 100% of the time. Sookie and her special diet, her desire to watch TV and sing along to music all make me laugh and cry on a regular basis. I will say that she is now a spoiled creature she wasn't always that way but as I started to see her "special" nature I unfortunately compensated with letting her get away with murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment